HR Administrative Assistant
MSMEC is currently seeking a Human Resources Administrative Assistant to join our team.
HR Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Assists with recruiting and hiring process by or to include receiving applications, interviewing, sending response letters, job postings, employee background checks, references, driving records, scheduling pre-employment physicals, drug screening, and orientation.
- Provides orientation for new employees by providing information packets, reviewing company policies, gathering withholding and other payroll information, explaining benefit programs, and obtaining signatures for documents.
- Maintains human resources records for employees by recording the hiring, transfer, termination, change in job classifications, and merit increase dates as well as tracking vacation, sick and personal time.
- Administers employee benefit programs including medical insurance, 401k, life insurance, providing application information, helping with form completion, verifying submission, and notifying employees of approvals.
- Documents and tracks human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Administers Employee Safety Committee and Safety Policy and Procedures.
Work Hours & Benefits.4/10 work-week, comprehensive benefits package includes; medical/dental/vision benefits, generous 401k matching, paid-time off, 13 paid federal holidays.
HR Administrative Assistant Qualifications/Skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Work processing skills
- Spreadsheet preparation and tracking skills
- Presentation skills
- Administrative writing and reporting skills
- Organizational skills
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Unrestricted NM Driver’s License
- 2 years’ experience within HR or related customer service, office management required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle many tasks and a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail, must be resourceful, self-motivated, employee-focused, and able to work independently.
- Positive attitude with the ability to take direction and offer suggestions for the team.
- Proficiency in computer skills including MS Office, Word, Excel.
Application Deadline: September 14, 2023 at 5:30 pm.
Applications can be submitted to,
Mora San Miguel Electric Cooperative (MSMEC) Re-Build Projects
Listed are areas within MSMEC’s service territory where power lines will be rebuilt. (Please click on locations below to view the project map for each area)
MSMEC will bid these power line re-build projects in May 2023.
Contractors awarded bids will work to complete re-build of power lines in these areas.
Consumers are being informed so as to be aware crews and equipment will be approaching these areas.
MSMEC appreciates everyone’s patient and cooperation throughout this rebuild process. Questions may be called into the Mora offices.
Rebuild completed to date include the following areas.
Mora-San Miguel Electric Cooperative, Inc.
2023 District Election Results
Three Board Member positions were up for elections this year. Districts represented were District 1, District 4, & District 5.
Incumbent Board Members Virginia Mondragon, District 1, Robert Baca, District 4, and Joseph A. C.de Baca, District 5 filed for re-election. There were no others who filed in the three districts.
Article IV – Trustees, Section 5 of MSMEC’s Bylaws provide that the coop “shall” call a meeting for the purpose of electing a member to the Board of Trustees in each district where a vacancy exists. Article IV. Section 8 (1) provides that where there is no competition for a vacancy, the incumbent shall remain in office for an additional three-year term.
Based on this situation District Election Meetings will not be held. The Board announces that because there is no competition for these positions, the trustee will remain in office for an additional three-year term.
Swearing of these Trustees shall take place at the conclusion of the 2022 Annual Meeting scheduled for June 24, 2023.
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m - 5:30 p.m.
Closed for lunch from 12:00 - 12:30 p.m.
Closed on Fridays!
If we can be of assistance, please contact our offices:
Mora – 575-383-4270/800-421-6773 Pecos – 575-383-4220/888-783-0011