MSMEC will begin it's Winter Hour Schedule effective on
Wednesday, October 27, 2021.
Office Hours M-F 8:00-12:00 and 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Request for Proposals to Perform Professional Auditing Services
Mora-San Miguel Electric Cooperative, Inc., MSMEC, is Soliciting New Mexico Licensed Auditing Services to complete Mora-San Miguel Electric Cooperatives’ 2021, 2022 & 2023 Financial Audits.
Request for Proposals may be obtained by contacting Julie Pacheco, Finance Manager at MSMEC’s Mora Office @ 575-383-4282 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals shall be submitted and received no later than October 29, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. Proposals shall be mailed and or delivered to the Mora Office at 501 State Highway 518, Mora, New Mexico or P.O. Box 240 Mora, New Mexico 87732. Proposals shall be delivered in a sealed envelope labeled “MSMEC Request for Proposal Auditing Service”.
Emailed proposals shall not be accepted. Proposals received following the date and time advertised shall not be considered.
Mora-San Miguel Electric Cooperative, Inc. is currently accepting applications for the following position: Bookkeeper
- Proficient in PC application and Software utilized by MSMEC
- Previous years’ experience in related roles and responsibilities, minimum of 2 years required
- Shall prepare ledgers, journals, registers, reconciliations and subsidiary records in conformance with a uniform system of accounting.
- Shall assure accurate accounting records and procedures following RUS rules and specifications.
- Shall be responsible for paying vendors and retaining all transactions.
- Shall be responsible for maintaining records on all work orders and special equipment (plant accounts).
- Shall post information reflecting labor, transportation, materials, contributions, and other charges to work order cost sheets.
- Shall assist in preparing the monthly, quarterly, and annual state and federal tax reports.
- Shall provide factual data to be used for the development of work plans, budgets and financial forecast to upper management.
- Shall prepare and distribute miscellaneous reports as required and ensure that all reports are compiled, reconciled, and delivered timely to their supervisor.
- Shall assist Cooperative personnel in adhering to policies, rules, and procedures associated with the general ledger, accounting functions and procurement.
- Shall ensure that accurate documents files are maintained, especially but not limited to any adverse situations that may arise.
- Shall possess a valid New Mexico Driver’s license and be insurable by the company.
Beginning Annual Salary: $39,104.00 - $18.80 Hourly
Position Open Until Filled
Applications will be accepted from those who determine they are qualified and will commit to work in Mora, New Mexico.
MSMEC is a an Alcohol and Drug Free Work Place.
This position is included in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between MSMEC and IBEW Local Union 611.
IS YOUR MSMEC ACCOUNT PAST DUE? - MORATORIUM ON DISCONNECTION OF ELECTRIC UTILITIES ENDS
THE NEW MEXICO PUBLIC REGULATION COMMISSION MORATORIUM ON DISCONNECTING RESIDENTIAL SERVICE DUE TO NONPAYMENT OF THE MONTHLY UTILITY BILL TERMINATED ON MAY 5, 2021. IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN ARREARS AND DO NOT WANT TO BE SUBJECT TO DISCONNECTION OF SERVICE FOR NONPAYMENT YOU MUST EITHER PAY YOU OUTSTANDING BILL IN FULL OR ENTER INTO AN INSTALLMENT PAYMENT PLAN WITH THE COOPERATIVE. ALTERNATIVELY, YOU MAY PROVIDE THE COOPERATIVE WITH DOCUMENTATION THAT YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR FUNDS THROUGH ERAP OR SUBMITTED AN APPLICATION TO OTHER STATE, FEDERAL OR PRIVATE PROGRAMS FOR ASSISTANCE IN PAYING YOUR UTILITY BILL. YOUR SERVICE WILL NOT BE DISCONNECTED PROVIDED YOU REMAIN CURRENT AND IN GOOD STANDING ON THE INSTALLMENT PLAN OR DURING THE PERIOD WHEN YOUR APPLICATION FOR ASSISTANCE IS BEING PROCESSED. TO DISCUSS THESE OPTIONS PLEASE CONTACT GWEN MASCARENAS AT 575-383-4272 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Federal Assistance Available for Renters
Federal funding is now available to our consumers who rent. Funding will pay for monthly rent and utility costs. Funding applications are being accepted beginning April 5, 2021.
You may apply online at:
www.RentHelpNM.org or by calling
END OF TEMPORARY MANDATORY MORATORIUM ON DISCONNECTS OF RESIDENTIAL CONSUMERS (PRC CASE NO.20-00205-UT, FEBRUARY 4, 2021)
PRC issued notice on February 4, 2021, the Mandatory Moratorium on Disconnects would terminate upon the end of a transition period beginning the lifting of the moratorium on disconnections in accordance with Rule 410.
If you have a past due bill, you are encouraged to contact our office to make payment arrangements.
Please call 575-383-4272 to set up your payment schedule!
MSMEC is will reopen the Mora and Pecos offices to its members
on Monday, April 5, 2021.
Masks are required!
MSMEC IVR Payment System
Mora-San Miguel Electric Cooperative, Inc. (MSMEC) has installed an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system. Dial 575-383-4270 and Select Option 1 to for customer service/make a payment. This automated system will prompt you to enter or say your 8 digit electric account number. It will confirm the account number and if correct will allow you to access your MSMEC consumer account history or make a payment using your telephone keypad or by speaking your responses. This system is available in English and Spanish.
This system will allow for immediate customer service. This will aid in responding to calls and consumers to make a payment with no extended hold times.
Mora-San Miguel Electric Cooperative, Inc. ha instalado un sistem de respuesta de voz interactivo. Marque 575-383-4272 y seleccione la opción 1 para servicio al cliente/realizer un pago. Este Sistema automatizado le pedirá que ingrese o diga su número de cuenta eléctrica de 8 digitos. Confirmará el número de cuenta y, si es correcto, le permitirá accede al historial de su cuenta de consumidor o realizar un pago usando el teclado de su teléfono o diciendo sus respuestas
Este Sistema permitirá un servicio al cliente inmediato. Esto ayudará a responder a las llamadas y a los consumidores a realizer un pago sin tiempos de espera prologados.
During the special legislative session on November 25, 2020, $330 million in CARES Act Coronavirus Relief funding was allocated to
address the impact of the COVID-19 crisis in New Mexico. Included in the funding was $14 million for housing cost assistance. For more
information and to apply for assistance please click on the link below:
Summer Hours begin Wednesday, April 14, 2021 and are from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. closed for lunch from 12:00 to 12:30 p.m.
Offices will be closed on Fridays!
Mora San Miguel Electric Cooperative Management Team
MSMEC NEW PHONE NUMBERS
To better serve its members, MSMEC installed a new phone system.
Please note our new phone numbers:
575-383-4270 or 800-421-6773 or 888-783-0011
You may select :
- Option “1” to make a payment
- Option “2” to report an Outage
- Option “0” to reach the Operator
Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m - 5:30 p.m.
Closed for lunch from 12:00 - 12:30 p.m.
Closed on Fridays
If we can be of assistance, please contact our offices:
Mora – 575-383-4270/800-421-6773 Pecos – 575-383-4220/888-783-0011