MSMEC is an equal opportunity employer that encourages all individuals, including women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans to apply.
Mora-San Miguel Electric Cooperative is currently accepting applications.
Accepting Employment Applications
A full time Journeyman Lineman reporting to the Mora Office.
Journeyman Lineman Minimum Qualifications:
- Shall have successful completion of a four year apprenticeship in all line craft work.
- Shall patrol distribution system when required, and record the finding for immediate repair and or maintenance.
- Shall perform hot line work on energized lines when required, consistent with Industry safety standards. This applies to specialized tools, equipment and aerial devices.
- Shall install, with reference to schematic diagrams and drawings, transformer banks, regulator banks and sectionalizing equipment.
- Shall change internal transformer connections from series to parallel and vice-versa to provide either 120 or 240 volt service. Shall change taps only under direct supervision.
- Shall comply with all safety procedures subscribed to by the cooperative pertaining to the use of rubber gloves, hard hats, and all other personnel protective equipment.
- Shall be responsible for the supervision and training of apprentices working on the same crew.
- Shall qualify for and maintain required Commercial Driver’s License and shall be insurable by the coops insurance carrier.
- Applicant shall reside in Mora or within a 30 mile radius of the Mora office.
Beginning Rate of Pay: $28.10 per hour
Applications will be accepted from qualified individuals who wish to work in Mora.
Mora-San Miguel Electric Cooperative, Inc. is currently accepting applications for the following position: Bookkeeper
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or accounting preferred
- Proficient in PC application and Software utilized by MSMEC
- Previous years’ experience in related roles and responsibilities, minimum of 2 years required
- Shall prepare ledgers, journals, registers, reconciliations and subsidiary records in conformance with a uniform system of accounting.
- Shall assure accurate accounting records and procedures following RUS rules and specifications.
- Shall be responsible for paying vendors and retaining all transactions.
- Shall be responsible for maintaining records on all work orders and special equipment (plant accounts).
- Shall post information reflecting labor, transportation, materials, contributions, and other charges to work order cost sheets.
- Shall assist in preparing the monthly, quarterly, and annual state and federal tax reports.
- Shall provide factual data to be used for the development of work plans, budgets and financial forecast to upper management.
- Shall prepare and distribute miscellaneous reports as required and ensure that all reports are compiled, reconciled, and delivered timely to their supervisor.
- Shall assist Cooperative personnel in adhering to policies, rules, and procedures associated with the general ledger, accounting functions and procurement.
- Shall ensure that accurate documents files are maintained, especially but not limited to any adverse situations that may arise.
- Shall possess a valid New Mexico Driver’s license and be insurable by the company.
Beginning Annual Salary: $37,960.00 - $18.25 Hourly
Position Open Until Filled
Applications will be accepted from those who determine they are qualified and will commit to work in Mora, New Mexico.
MSMEC is a an Alcohol and Drug Free Work Place.
This position is included in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between MSMEC and IBEW Local Union 611.
You may obtain a copy of the application at our website http://morasanmiguel.coop or contact the Finance Manager, Julie Pacheco at 575-383-4282.
Mora-San Miguel Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. General Manager/CEO: Leslie W.J. Montoya.
Mora-San Miguel Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an Alcohol and Drug Free Work Place.
You may also obtain a copy of any job application by contacting the HR Department at 575-383-4277.
Position Open Until Filled
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
General Manager/CEO: Leslie W.J. Montoya